- 64% of all steel products are recycled - more than any other material in the US including glass, paper, plastic, and aluminum combined.
- Steel recycling programs reduce the solid waste stream resulting in saved landfill space, and help to conserve our natural resources.
- Steel recycling saves the energy equivalent of electrical power for about one fifth of US households (or about 18 million homes for one year).
- Every ton of steel recycled saves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1400 pounds of coal, and 120 pounds of limestone.
- ALL STEEL FRAMING CONTAINS A MINIMUM OF 25% RECYCLED STEEL.
Recycling Facts Provided Courtesy North American Steel Framing Alliance