Jump to Professional Profile
Jump to Completed Projects
Global Structures, LLC is a design to build company that provides turnkey structural services to the real estate community.
The Global Structural System was developed to handle large seismic and hurricane load conditions.
It is eco-friendly and gains up to 20 points towards LEED certification.
It is applicable to most development uses up to 25 stories in height.
The system utilizes manufactured pre-panelized and offsite structural components, building a local industrial base and
developing a stream of job creation for the local market. This job creation is currently utilized by developers in markets
along the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic seaboard of the United States; and Quebec, Canada.
The turnkey cost of the system is as much as 30% less than conventional concrete or steel. Its rapid delivery process reduces the
project schedule by as much as 40%.
Over 6 million square feet has been installed in developments in the Greater New York City market alone, with additional developments
completed in major urban markets. In addition, we have developments initiated in several areas of the Caribbean and Central America,
including Puerto Rico, USVI, The Bahamas, Panama and Haiti.
John J. Hildreth, P.E. - President and CEO
John J. Hildreth, P.E. is President, CEO and Founder of Global Structures, LLC
Mr. Hildreth has more than 28 years of experience in the design, construction management, and design- build industry along the eastern seaboard from
Boston to Miami. In addition, Mr. Hildreth has established an international presence in the Caribbean, along with developments active in Quebec and Panama.
In 1991, Mr. Hildreth founded separate companies to perform design build and construction management services. These companies were combined in 1999
to provide turnkey structural design-build and construction management services to the real estate community.
Within several years of establishing the business, Mr. Hildreth developed and was awarded a patent for his proprietary products and advanced
technologies in the area of structural design and framing. The structural technology was developed to handle large seismic and wind conditions.
Prior to Global Structures, Mr. Hildreth held various engineering and management positions for Clark Construction in Bethesda, Md.(formerly
George Hyman Construction). Clark is one of the most well respected builders in the nation. His experience with Clark allowed him to be involved
very early in the project delivery, providing value engineering and preconstruction services on every project. Clark's project delivery formula
is the foundation of the Global Structures companies. By utilizing a design build format at Clark, Mr. Hildreth directed projects with demanding
delivery schedules with a higher quality control.
Mr. Hildreth received his Bachelors of Civil Engineering in 1983
from The Catholic University of America. Upon graduation, he received a fellowship
from Westinghouse to continue his studies at CUA and received his Masters in Structural Engineering in 1985
. The fellowship included a research grant
for the development of computer graphics modeling in structural analysis with Dr. Ramesh Vaishnev. This computer interactive model later became the
developmental model for several structural software programs including AutoCad and STAAD. Mr. Hildreth was also the winner of the AISC National
Competition, "Expressions in Steel".
Mr. Hildreth holds a Professional Engineering License in the states of Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Washington, D.C.
In addition, he has reciprocity for Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. In addition, he is an active
member of several national builder and professional trade societies.
- American Institute of Architects
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Md. Society of Professional Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Welding Society
- American Concrete Institute
- American Iron and Steel Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- Steel Framing Alliance
- North American Home Builders
- US Green Build Council
- New Jersey Alliance for Action
- Mid-Atlantic Precast Concrete Association
- Underwriters Laboratory
Partial list of Projects performed utilizing the Global Technologies:
- The Rowe Quarry Redevelopment – a mixed use redevelopment outside Boston, Mass.
- The Palisades Center – a 4.3 million s.f. retail center and indoor theme park outside New York City
- The Northwest Development – a 12 square block, 2.1 million s.f. development Mixed Use Urban Redevelopment of Hoboken, New Jersey, immediately outside New York City.
- The Port Imperial Redevelopment – a 300 acre contaminated soil cleanup conversion to mixed use shops, retail and Urban Style Luxury Living with a Ferry System to New York City on the Hudson River.
- iPark Edgewater – 165 acre brownsfield site redevelopment for mixed use in Edgewater, NJ.
- Doral Country Club and Conference Center – Rye, NY.
- Park Center Residences – Alexandria, Virginia - 480,000 sf mixed use apartment development
- Highlands at New Brunswick – 467,000 sf luxury apartment development
- The Huntington Residences – Hoboken, NJ - 285,000 sf luxury condominiums
- Eliot Medical Office and Ambulatory Care Complex – a 10 building, medical suites and ambulatory care facility with over 2.2 million s.f. of medical care facilities in Manchester, NH.